No. 16 Oregon squared off with Washington on Saturday, January 26th and came out on top against the Huskies 81-76 in conference play. Arsalan Kazemi got 11 points and 11 rebounds for the Ducks, earning a double-double. E.J. Singler also had a decent showing, scoring a game-high 18 points and adding four assists. For the Huskies, Shawn Kemp Jr finished with a career-high 12 points and six rebounds. Oregon (18-2, 7-0 Pac 12) takes on Stanford (11-8, 2-4 Pac 12) on Wednesday, January 30th on the road.
Oregon Game Notes
- The last time Oregon started the season 18-2 was 2006.
- The win over Washington extended the Oregon winning streak to 9 games.
- The Ducks have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Oregon has won 27 close games.
- The Ducks have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 10 or more steals.
- Oregon has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 24 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Oregon has won 86% of the time (6-1) when Arsalan Kazemi has 11 points or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when E.J. Singler plays 32 minutes or more, and 80% of the time (8-2) when Carlos Emory has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Ducks set season highs for free throws made and turnovers.
- The last time Oregon recorded at least 23 turnovers was Jan 29, 2012 against Oregon State.
- Oregon set a season low for three-pointers.
- The Ducks have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Arsalan Kazemi accounted for 36.6% of the team's rebounds.
- E.J. Singler has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 20 games this season.
- Arsalan Kazemi has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 20 games this season.
- Arsalan Kazemi recorded the 58th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Arsalan Kazemi has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Arsalan Kazemi recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 50th of his career.
- Arsalan Kazemi had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Washington Game Notes
- The Huskies have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Washington has lost 29 close games.
- This loss extended the Huskies losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two rebounders (Desmond Simmons and Shawn Kemp Jr) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Desmond Simmons has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 20 games this season.
- C.J Wilcox has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Abdul Gaddy.
- Scott Suggs has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Scott Suggs set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.