(12-9, 5-2 away)
(11-10, 9-5 home)
Venue: Bob Devaney Sports Center
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||R Hearn 14
||J Swopshire 6
||D Sobolewski 4
||D Talley 13
||B Ubel 7
||D Talley 2
Nebraska waxed Northwestern 64-49 in conference play on Saturday, January 26th. This was anybody's game in the first half, with Nebraska up by only one at the break, but then they had a big second half to put the game away. Brandon Ubel got 14 points and 12 rebounds for the Cornhuskers, earning a double-double. Dylan Talley had a team-high 20 points and added eight rebounds. Jared Swopshire registered a double-double for the Wildcats on 11 points and 16 rebounds. Nebraska (11-10, 2-6 Big Ten) travels to 12th-ranked Minnesota (15-4, 3-3 Big Ten) on Tuesday, January 29th.
Nebraska Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:24 left to go.
- Nebraska started 11-10 during the 2011, 2004, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- Nebraska beat the spread by 16.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Cornhuskers have beaten the spread.
- The Cornhuskers have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 64 or more total points.
- Nebraska has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when its field goal percentage has been 45.1% or better.
- Nebraska has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 18 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Nebraska has won 86% of the time (6-1) when Brandon Ubel has 14 points or more and 78% of the time (7-2) when Ray Gallegos has 3 three-pointers or more.
- The Cornhuskers set a season high for rebounds.
- The last time Nebraska recorded at least 43 rebounds was Nov 14, 2011 against USC.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Nebraska has a -0.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Brandon Ubel recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 7.
- Dylan Talley accounted for 31.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon Ubel and Shavon Shields) accounted for 46.5% of the rebounds.
- Dylan Talley has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 21 games this season.
- Brandon Ubel has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Dylan Talley's career.
- Dylan Talley had a career high with 8 defensive rebounds.
- Brandon Ubel recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brandon Ubel has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Ubel recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 5th of his career.
- Brandon Ubel had a career high with 7 offensive rebounds.
Northwestern Game Notes
- Northwestern lost and did not cover the spread.
- Jared Swopshire recorded a team season high in rebounds with 16 and defensive rebounds with 11.
- Dave Sobolewski accounted for 42.8% of the team's points.
- Jared Swopshire accounted for 47.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Dave Sobolewski has led the team in scoring 6 times in 21 games this season.
- Jared Swopshire has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Dave Sobolewski's career.
- Dave Sobolewski set a career high with 8 field goals made.
- Jared Swopshire recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jared Swopshire has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jared Swopshire recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 3rd of his career.
- Jared Swopshire set career highs with 16 rebounds and 11 defensive rebounds.