On Saturday, January 26th, Dayton punished Duquesne 72-56 in A-10 play. Jalen Robinson played brilliantly for the Flyers and put up 10 points and nine rebounds. Josh Benson also had a strong showing, scoring a game-high 17 points and adding eight rebounds. Jeremiah Jones got a season-high 16 points and five rebounds for the Dukes. The next game will be on Wednesday, January 30th when Dayton (12-7, 2-3 A-10) heads to Xavier (11-8, 4-2 A-10).
Dayton Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:00 left to go.
- The Flyers have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 18 or more assists.
- UD has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- This season Dayton has won 79% of the time (11-3) when Vee Sanford has 10 points or more, 86% of the time (6-1) when Kevin Dillard has 6 free throws made or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Josh Benson has 8 rebounds or more.
- The Flyers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--UD has a 12.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Josh Benson and Dyshawn Pierre) accounted for 41.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Devin Oliver and Jalen Robinson) accounted for 45.2% of the rebounds.
- Josh Benson has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 19 games this season.
- Devin Oliver has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 19 games this season.
- Kevin Dillard has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Vee Sanford has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Devin Oliver recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Duquesne Game Notes
- This loss extended the Dukes losing streak to 8 games.
- The top two scorers (Quevyn Winters and Jeremiah Jones) accounted for 57.1% of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (34) than the starters (22).
- Kadeem Pantophlet has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 20 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Derrick Colter.