Louisiana-Monroe lost in front of the home crowd against Troy 71-64 in overtime on Saturday, January 26th. The Warhawks stay winless against Troy this season at 0-2. The Warhawks got a good effort from Jayon James, who put up 14 points and seven rebounds. Amos Olatayo had a game-high 21 points and added four rebounds. For the Trojans, Jeff Mullahey got 10 points and three rebounds. Next up for Louisiana-Monroe (3-13, 2-8 Sun Belt) is Florida Atlantic (10-12, 5-6 Sun Belt) on Thursday, January 31st on the road.
Louisiana-Monroe Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 1st OT with 0:10 left to go.
- Louisiana-Monroe has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Warhawks have played in 5 overtime games with a record of 2-3.
- The Warhawks have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Louisiana-Monroe has lost 30 close games.
- Louisiana-Monroe has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 7 or fewer steals.
- The Warhawks have lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after having a field goal percentage of 40.0% or worse.
- When the opposition records 71 or more total points this season, Louisiana-Monroe has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, Louisiana-Monroe has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 9 or more three-pointers this season, Louisiana-Monroe has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The Warhawks set season highs for assists and three-pointers.
- Louisiana-Monroe has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--ULM has a -7.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Amos Olatayo accounted for 32.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Millaun Brown and Jayon James) accounted for 45.7% of the rebounds.
- Amos Olatayo has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 16 games this season.
- Millaun Brown has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Amos Olatayo's career.
- R.J. McCray had career highs with 3 three-pointers and a 100% three-point percentage.
Troy Game Notes
- The Trojans won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Troy has lost 32 close games.
- Ray Chambers recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 9.
- The top two rebounders (Ray Chambers and Antoine Myers) accounted for 47.3% of the rebounds.
- Hunter Williams has led the team in scoring 4 times in 21 games this season.
- Ray Chambers has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 21 games this season.
- Emil Jones has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Ray Chambers recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ray Chambers set a career high with 9 defensive rebounds.