Florida Atlantic 38
(10-12, 3-9 away)
Arkansas State 63
(12-8, 9-2 home)
Venue: Convocation Center (AR)
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, January 26, 2013
||G Gantt 13
||R Morrow 7
||G Gantt 1
||B Peterson 15
||B Peterson 10
||R Dickerson 3
Arkansas State thumped Florida Atlantic 63-38 in conference action on a night when they turned the ball over only eight times. With the win, the Red Wolves tie the season series against Florida Atlantic at 1-1. The Red Wolves got a double-double out of Brandon Peterson with a game-high 15 points and 10 rebounds. Trey Finn had 11 points and added six rebounds. For the Owls, Richard Morrow finished with seven points and seven rebounds. Arkansas State (12-8, 6-5 Sun Belt) gets South Alabama (9-6, 6-1 Sun Belt) at home on Thursday, Jan. 31.
Arkansas State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:09 left to go.
- Arkansas State started 12-8 during the 2009, 2001, 2000, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- A-State beat the spread by 16 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Red Wolves have beaten the spread.
- This was the fourth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, A-State has been on the winning end of 18 blowout games.
- The Red Wolves have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 25 or more field goals made.
- Arkansas State has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 44.6 percent or better.
- A-State has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) when opponents record 12 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Arkansas State has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Brandon Peterson has 15 points or more and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Edward Townsel has three steals or more.
- A-State set season lows for blocks (zero), rebounds (29), and turnovers (eight).
- The Red Wolves have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--A-State has a 14.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Peterson and Marcus Hooten) accounted for 46.0 percent of the points.
- Brandon Peterson accounted for 34.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Brandon Peterson has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 17 times in 20 games this season.
- Marcus Hooten had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Brandon Peterson recorded the 26th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brandon Peterson has three straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Peterson recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 17th of his career.
Florida Atlantic Game Notes
- This was the fifth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, FAU has been on the losing end of 18 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Owls losing streak to three games.
- Greg Gantt accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more points (20) than the starters (18).
- Greg Gantt has led the team in scoring 19 times in 22 games this season.
- Greg Gantt has 19 straight double-digit point games.