Western Kentucky faced off with Middle Tennessee State on Saturday, January 26th and was smoked by the Blue Raiders 72-53 in conference play. Stephon Drane got a career-high nine points and two rebounds in the Hilltoppers loss. O`Karo Akamune had five points and added four rebounds. For the Blue Raiders, Bruce Massey Jr got 10 points and seven rebounds (6 Ast 4 Stl). The next game will be on Thursday, January 31st when Western Kentucky (11-11, 5-6 Sun Belt) welcomes Troy (9-12, 4-6 Sun Belt).
Western Kentucky Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:55 left to go.
- The last time WKU started the season 11-11 was 1996.
- Western Kentucky has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 16 or fewer field goals made.
- The Hilltoppers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after having a field goal percentage of 39.0% or worse.
- Western Kentucky has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after committing 18 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 72 or more total points this season, Western Kentucky has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 7 or more steals this season, Western Kentucky has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.1% or better this season, Western Kentucky has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- WKU set season lows for assists, rebounds, and steals.
- The Hilltoppers have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Kevin Kaspar and George Fant) accounted for 43.3% of the points.
- O`Karo Akamune has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 22 games this season.
- Kevin Kaspar had a career high with 6 field goals made.
Middle Tennessee State Game Notes
- Neiko Hunter recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 11.
- Marcos Knight has led the team in scoring 10 times in 22 games this season.
- Bruce Massey Jr has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 22 games this season.
- Bruce Massey Jr set a career high with 4 steals.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for JT Sulton.
- Kerry Hammonds II set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.