North Florida 75
(8-14, 3-11 away)
East Tenn State 89
(6-15, 3-7 home)
Venue: Memorial Center
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
|East Tenn State
||P Smith 16
||T Wallace 5
||W Wilson 6
|East Tenn State
||M Dubose 15
||L Wilson 5
||P McClain 3
East Tennessee State came out on top against North Florida 89-75 in conference play in a game where they turned the ball over only seven times. North Florida led 45-33 at the half, but then East Tennessee State came out of the locker room and fought their way back in the second half. The Buccaneers got the win with a season-high 25 points and eight rebounds from Hunter Harris. Lester Wilson played his way to a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds. For the Ospreys, Parker Smith finished with a game-high 26 points (3 Reb 3 Ast), including 6-of-12 shooting from three-point range. East Tennessee State (6-15, 4-4 Atlantic Sun) goes to USC Upstate (11-10, 5-3 Atlantic Sun) on Monday, January 28th.
East Tennessee State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:01 left to go.
- East Tennessee State started 6-15 during the 2004 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- East Tennessee State has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0% or better.
- ETSU has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 23 or fewer field goals made.
- The Buccaneers set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time ETSU recorded at least 25 free throws made was Jan 04, 2012 against USC Upstate.
- ETSU set a season low for turnovers.
- The Buccaneers have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Buccaneers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--ETSU has a -1.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Hunter Harris recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Hunter Harris and Jarvis Jones) accounted for 49.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Lester Wilson and Hunter Harris) accounted for 52.9% of the rebounds.
- Lester Wilson has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 21 games this season.
- Jarvis Jones has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Hunter Harris's career.
- Lester Wilson recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Lester Wilson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Lester Wilson recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
North Florida Game Notes
- This loss extended the Ospreys losing streak to 3 games.
- Parker Smith accounted for 34.6% of the team's points.
- Parker Smith has led the team in scoring 12 times in 22 games this season.
- David Jeune has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Parker Smith's career.
- Parker Smith has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- David Jeune set a career high with 6 assists.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Andy Diaz.