Louisiana Tech 51
(18-3, 9-3 away)
Utah State 48
(14-5, 10-3 home)
Venue: Dee Glen Smith Spectrum
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, January 26, 2013
||R Appleby 14
||M Kyser 6
||K Smith 5
||P Medlin 16
||J Shaw 8
||M Davis 3
On Saturday, January 26th, Louisiana Tech took on Utah State and escaped the Aggies 51-48 in conference play. The Bulldogs were led by Brandon Gibson, who put up a season-high 20 points, with 18 coming from three-point range. Kenneth Smith had two points and added 10 assists. Jarred Shaw registered a double-double for the Aggies on a career-high 21 points and 14 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when Louisiana Tech (18-3, 9-0 WAC) hosts Texas-Arlington (10-8, 5-4 WAC).
Louisiana Tech Game Notes
- The last time LaTech started the season 18-3 was 2009.
- The win over Utah State extended the Louisiana Tech winning streak to 10 games.
- LaTech beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Louisiana Tech has won 31 close games.
- The Bulldogs have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 9 or more three-pointers.
- Louisiana Tech has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when its three-point percentage has been 33.3% or better.
- LaTech has won 100% of the time this season (12-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- This season Louisiana Tech has won 86% of the time (12-2) when Raheem Appleby has 10 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Kenneth Smith plays 34 minutes or more, and 80% of the time (12-3) when Michale Kyser has 5 rebounds or more.
- LaTech set season lows for field goals made, free throws made, total points, and turnovers.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Louisiana Tech has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Kenneth Smith recorded a team season high in assists with 10.
- Brandon Gibson accounted for 39.2% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more points (34) than the starters (17).
- Kenneth Smith has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 21 games this season.
- This game was the 2nd double-digit assist game of Kenneth Smith's career.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Brandon Gibson's career.
- Brandon Gibson had a career high with 6 three-pointers.
Utah State Game Notes
- Utah State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Aggies losing streak to 4 games.
- Spencer Butterfield recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 12.
- Jarred Shaw accounted for 43.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Spencer Butterfield and Jarred Shaw) accounted for 58.0% of the rebounds.
- Jarred Shaw has led the team in scoring 4 times in 19 games this season.
- Spencer Butterfield has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 19 games this season.
- Spencer Butterfield recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Spencer Butterfield recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Jarred Shaw's career.
- Jarred Shaw recorded a double-double. It was the 7th of his career.
- Jarred Shaw set career highs with 21 points, 9 field goals made, 6 offensive rebounds, and 4 blocks.