Western Illinois 60
(16-5, 6-4 away)
(10-13, 7-1 home)
Venue: Athletics Center Arena
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||T Parks 12
||T Parks 9
||C Clark III 4
||T Bader 21
||C Petros 8
||D Mondy 5
On an afternoon when they had 15 turnovers, Western Illinois fell to Oakland 67-60 in conference play. The Leathernecks tie the season series against Oakland at 1-1 with the loss. Terell Parks earned a double-double for the Leathernecks with 13 points and 12 rebounds. Jack Houpt played his way to a double-double as well with 12 points and 11 rebounds. Duke Mondy finished with 18 points and five rebounds (4 Ast 4 Stl) for the Golden Grizzlies. Western Illinois (16-5, 8-2 Summit League) takes on IUPUI (5-18, 1-9 Summit League) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Western Illinois Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:08 left to go.
- Western Illinois has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 5 or fewer free throws made.
- The Leathernecks set a season high for three-pointers.
- The last time WIU recorded at least 9 three-pointers was Mar 14, 2012 against Oregon State.
- Western Illinois has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Jack Houpt recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 11.
- The top two scorers (Remy Roberts-Burnett and Terell Parks) accounted for 48.3% of the points.
- Terell Parks accounted for 40.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Terell Parks has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 21 games this season.
- Jack Houpt recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jack Houpt recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Jack Houpt had career highs with 11 rebounds and 11 defensive rebounds.
- Terell Parks recorded the 22nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Terell Parks recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 17th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Adam Link.
- Remy Roberts-Burnett has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Remy Roberts-Burnett had career highs with 16 points and a 100% three-point percentage.
Oakland Game Notes
- Travis Bader accounted for 38.8% of the team's points.
- Corey Petros accounted for 37.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Travis Bader has led the team in scoring 14 times in 23 games this season.
- Corey Petros has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Travis Bader's career.
- Travis Bader has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Travis Bader set a career high with 11 free throws made.
- Corey Petros recorded the 19th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Duke Mondy has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|B||Ceola Clark III||39||9||3||4||1||0||1|
|F||Don McAvoy III||17||0||0||0||0||1||5|