On Saturday, January 26th, North Dakota State was thumped by South Dakota State 69-53 in conference play. South Dakota State actually trailed 37-31 at the half, but then they came out of the locker room and dominated in the second half. With the loss, the Bison remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-2 for the season. Marshall Bjorklund put up four points plus 13 rebounds in a losing effort. Mike Felt had 12 points. For the Jackrabbits, Nate Wolters got a game-high 26 points and seven rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, January 31st when North Dakota State (16-5, 7-2 Summit League) welcomes Missouri-Kansas City (6-16, 3-6 Summit League).
North Dakota State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:40 left to go.
- The last time NDSU started the season 16-5 was 2008.
- North Dakota State has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 21 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.9% or better this season, North Dakota State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 69 or more total points this season, North Dakota State has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- NDSU set a season low for free throws made.
- The Bison have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Bison opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Marshall Bjorklund recorded a team season high in rebounds with 13.
- TrayVonn Wright accounted for 30.1% of the team's points.
- Marshall Bjorklund accounted for 44.8% of the team's rebounds.
- TrayVonn Wright has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 21 games this season.
- Marshall Bjorklund has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 21 games this season.
- Marshall Bjorklund recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Marshall Bjorklund had a career high with 9 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Kory Brown.
South Dakota State Game Notes
- Nate Wolters accounted for 37.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Tony Fiegen and Nate Wolters) accounted for 46.6% of the rebounds.
- Nate Wolters has led the team in scoring 14 times in 22 games this season.
- Tony Fiegen has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 44th 20-point game of Nate Wolters's career.
- Nate Wolters has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Tony Fiegen has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Dykstra has 3 straight double-digit point games.