(6-18, 1-12 away)
(10-13, 9-2 home)
Venue: Hilliard Gates Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||J Hart 14
||D Gibbs 6
||G Rice 3
||F Gaines 18
||M Hines 5
||P Bland 2
On Saturday, January 26th, IUPUI allowed 36 points from three-point territory to IPFW and was narrowly defeated by the Mastodons 80-79 in overtime. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Jaguars got a good effort from Donovan Gibbs, who put up 17 points and seven rebounds. Mitchell Patton had a team-high 25 points. For the Mastodons, Frank Gaines got a game-high 29 points, including 6-of-9 shooting from three-point range. IUPUI (5-18, 1-9 Summit League) welcomes Western Illinois (16-5, 8-2 Summit League) on Saturday, February 2nd.
IUPUI Game Notes
- IUPUI beat the spread by 7.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Jaguars have beaten the spread.
- IUPUI has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Jaguars have played in 13 overtime games with a record of 4-9.
- The Jaguars have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, IUPUI has lost 30 close games.
- IUPUI has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 5 or fewer three-pointers.
- IUPUI has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after committing 10 or more turnovers.
- The Jaguars have lost 88% of the time this season (1-7) after having a three-point percentage of 31.3% or worse.
- When the opposition records 80 or more total points this season, IUPUI has lost 100% of the time (0-12).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.9% or better this season, IUPUI has lost 100% of the time (0-11).
- When the opposition records 12 or more three-pointers this season, IUPUI has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- The Jaguars set season highs for field goal percentage and free throws made.
- The last time IUPUI had a field goal percentage of 62.8% or higher was Nov 29, 2010 against IU East.
- IUPUI has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Jaguars opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Mitchell Patton accounted for 31.6% of the team's points.
- Donovan Gibbs accounted for 35.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Mitchell Patton has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 24 games this season.
- Donovan Gibbs has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 24 games this season.
- Greg Rice had a career high with 7 field goals made.
- Donovan Gibbs has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Mitchell Patton's career.
IPFW Game Notes
- IPFW won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Mastodons won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, IPFW has lost 19 close games.
- Frank Gaines recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6.
- Pierre Bland tallied a team season high in assists with 9.
- Frank Gaines accounted for 36.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Pierre Bland and Joe Reed) accounted for 46.1% of the rebounds.
- Frank Gaines has led the team in scoring 13 times in 23 games this season.
- Pierre Bland has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 34th 20-point game of Frank Gaines's career.
- Frank Gaines set a career high with 6 three-pointers.
- Michael Kibiloski set a career high with 5 assists.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Luis Jacobo.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Mario Hines.