Venue: John J. Lee Amphitheater
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 26, 2013
||M Sullivan 14
||R Maia 7
||S McGonagill 4
||A Morgan 11
||J Sears 6
||M Grace 2
On Saturday, January 26th, Brown took on Yale and lost to the Bulldogs 76-64 in overtime. With the loss, the Bears tie the season series against Yale at 1-1. Cedric Kuakumensah put up a team-high 13 points and four rebounds in the loss. Matt Sullivan had 13 points and added seven rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Justin Sears finished with a game-high 18 points and eight rebounds. Brown (7-9, 1-1 Ivy) gets Dartmouth (4-12, 0-2 Ivy) on the road on Friday, February 1st.
Brown Game Notes
- Brown started 7-9 during the 2010, 2002, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- Brown has played in 3 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Bears have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 4-6.
- The Bears have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Brown has lost 21 close games.
- Brown has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 5 or fewer steals.
- The Bears have lost 75% of the time this season (2-6) after having a three-point percentage of 31.8% or worse.
- When the opposition records 76 or more total points this season, Brown has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Brown has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 20 or more assists this season, Brown has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The Bears set a season high for blocks.
- The top two scorers (Cedric Kuakumensah and Matt Sullivan) accounted for 40.6% of the points.
- Matt Sullivan has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- Matt Sullivan has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Sullivan had a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Cedric Kuakumensah.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Rafael Maia.
Yale Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Justin Sears and Austin Morgan) accounted for 44.7% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (22) than the starters (20).
- Justin Sears has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 11 times in 19 games this season.