(4-15, 3-7 home)
Venue: McAlister Field House
2:05PM ET / 11:05AM PT, January 26, 2013
||L Troutman 15
||R Beaumont 6
||A Hamilton 3
||M Groselle 14
||M Groselle 7
||M Harris III 4
On Saturday, January 26th, Elon scored 36 points from three-point territory and got a road victory against Citadel 70-66 in SoCon play. The Phoenix got the win with a game-high 22 points and eight assists from Jack Isenbarger. Tanner Samson was sharp from three-point range, going 5 for 12 to get to a season-high 15 points overall (4 Stl 3 Reb). For the Bulldogs, Mike Groselle finished with a team-high 20 points and nine rebounds. Elon (13-7, 6-2 SoCon) goes to North Carolina-Greensboro (5-13, 2-4 SoCon) on Thursday, January 31st.
Elon Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:08 left to go.
- The win over Citadel extended the Elon winning streak to 5 games.
- The Phoenix have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Elon has won 25 close games.
- The Phoenix have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 16 or more assists.
- Elon has won 82% of the time this season (9-2) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Elon has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) when its field goal percentage has been 45.8% or better.
- Elon has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 30 or fewer rebounds.
- Elon has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 27.8% three-point percentage.
- This season Elon has won 75% of the time (12-4) when Lucas Troutman has 14 points or more and 71% of the time (5-2) when Jack Isenbarger has 4 three-pointers or more.
- Elon set a season low for blocks.
- The Phoenix have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Elon has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Jack Isenbarger accounted for 31.4% of the team's points.
- Jack Isenbarger has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 20 games this season.
- Ryley Beaumont has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 20 games this season.
- Tanner Samson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Jack Isenbarger's career.
- Jack Isenbarger has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jack Isenbarger had a career high with 8 assists.
- Lucas Troutman has 19 straight double-digit point games.
Citadel Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Citadel has lost 25 close games.
- Mike Groselle accounted for 30.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (P.J. Horgan and Mike Groselle) accounted for 60.0% of the rebounds.
- Mike Groselle has led the team in scoring 9 times in 19 games this season.
- P.J. Horgan has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Matt Van Scyoc's career.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Mike Groselle's career.
- Mike Groselle has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|A||Matt Van Scyoc||37||20||2||0||1||1||1|
|B||M. Harris III||33||9||0||7||3||0||3|