(4-15, 3-7 home)
Venue: McAlister Field House
2:05PM ET / 11:05AM PT, January 26, 2013
||L Troutman 15
||R Beaumont 6
||A Hamilton 3
||M Groselle 14
||M Groselle 7
||M Harris III 4
On a day when the Phoenix scored 36 points from behind the arc, Citadel lost in front of the home crowd against Elon 70-66 in conference play. The Bulldogs got a good performance from Mike Groselle, who put up a team-high 20 points and nine rebounds. Matt Van Scyoc also had a good game, scoring 20 points and adding two rebounds. Jack Isenbarger got a game-high 22 points and eight assists for the Phoenix. Citadel (4-15, 1-8 SoCon) gets Wofford (8-13, 2-6 SoCon) at home on Thursday, January 31st.
Citadel Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:08 left to go.
- Citadel started 4-15 during the 2011 and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- Citadel beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Citadel has lost 25 close games.
- Citadel has lost 100% of the time this season (0-9) after recording 5 or fewer three-pointers.
- The Bulldogs have lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after having a three-point percentage of 27.8% or worse.
- Citadel has lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.8% or better this season, Citadel has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition records 70 or more total points this season, Citadel has lost 93% of the time (1-13).
- When the opposition commits 11 or fewer turnovers this season, Citadel has lost 92% of the time (1-11).
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Citadel has a 1.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Mike Groselle accounted for 30.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (P.J. Horgan and Mike Groselle) accounted for 60.0% of the rebounds.
- Mike Groselle has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 19 games this season.
- P.J. Horgan has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Matt Van Scyoc's career.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Mike Groselle's career.
- Mike Groselle has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Elon Game Notes
- Elon won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Phoenix won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Elon has lost 27 close games.
- Jack Isenbarger accounted for 31.4% of the team's points.
- Jack Isenbarger has led the team in scoring 10 times in 20 games this season.
- Ryley Beaumont has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 20 games this season.
- Tanner Samson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Jack Isenbarger's career.
- Jack Isenbarger has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jack Isenbarger set a career high with 8 assists.
- Lucas Troutman has 19 straight double-digit point games.
|A||Matt Van Scyoc||37||20||2||0||1||1||1|
|B||M. Harris III||33||9||0||7||3||0||3|