Wake Forest 62
(10-9, 1-7 away)
Georgia Tech 82
(11-7, 11-2 home)
Venue: Hank McCamish Pavilion
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||T McKie 15
||T McKie 8
||C Miller-McIntyre 2
||M Georges-Hunt 10
||R Carter 6
||M Udofia 3
Georgia Tech pounded Wake Forest 82-62 in ACC play in a game where they scored 30 points from three-point territory. Georgia Tech was up big at the break, 52-29, and didn't let up in the second half. The Yellow Jackets got the win with a season-high 20 points and six rebounds from Robert Carter. Chris Bolden had nine points (4 Stl 3 Ast). For the Demon Deacons, C.J. Harris finished with a team-high 18 points and seven rebounds. Georgia Tech (11-7, 1-5 ACC) gets Clemson (10-8, 2-4 ACC) on the road on Tuesday, January 29th.
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:23 left to go.
- Georgia Tech started 11-7 during the 2002, 2000, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- GT beat the spread by 13.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Yellow Jackets have beaten the spread.
- This was the 4th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, GT has been on the winning end of 25 blowout games.
- GT has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when opponents record 20 or fewer field goals made.
- GT has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.1% field goal percentage.
- This season Georgia Tech has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Marcus Georges-Hunt has 12 points or more and 82% of the time (9-2) when Kammeon Holsey has 5 rebounds or more.
- The Yellow Jackets set season highs for assists, field goals made, three-pointers, three-point percentage, and total points.
- The last time GT recorded at least 82 total points was Jan 11, 2012 against NC State.
- Georgia Tech has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--GT has a 14.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Robert Carter recorded a team season high in field goals made with 9.
- Chris Bolden tallied a team season high in steals with 4.
- Robert Carter has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Robert Carter's career.
Wake Forest Game Notes
- Wake Forest lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, WFU has been on the losing end of 25 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (C.J. Harris and Travis McKie) accounted for 45.1% of the points.
- Devin Thomas accounted for 36.1% of the team's rebounds.
- C.J. Harris has led the team in scoring 7 times in 19 games this season.
- Devin Thomas has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 19 games this season.
- C.J. Harris has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Devin Thomas recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Travis McKie has 11 straight double-digit point games.
|C||A. Adala Moto||14||6||2||0||0||0||1|
|C-||A. Roundtree III||8||0||2||1||1||0||1|
|B||S. Poole, Jr.||14||6||2||1||0||1||1|