Ball State 82
(8-10, 3-5 away)
Miami (OH) 62
(7-11, 5-4 home)
Venue: John D. Millett Hall
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, January 26, 2013
||M Majok 12
||M Majok 10
||M Posley 2
||A Roberts 12
||W Felder 5
||Q Rollins 4
On a day when they outrebounded the RedHawks 37-17, Ball State easily defeated Miami (OH) 82-62 in conference action. The game was still close at the half, with Ball State up 34-29, but Miami (OH) couldn't keep pace in the second half and was blown out. Majok Majok had a big game for the Cardinals and put up a game-high 21 points plus eight rebounds. Chris Bond also had an outstanding outing, scoring 16 points and adding seven rebounds (5 Stl 4 Ast). Will Felder got a team-high 14 points and four rebounds for the RedHawks. Ball State (8-10, 2-4 MAC) takes on Toledo (7-10, 3-3 MAC) on Wednesday, January 30th on their home court.
Ball State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:47 left to go.
- The last time BallSt started the season 8-10 was 2002.
- BallSt beat the spread by 27.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Cardinals have beaten the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, BallSt has been on the winning end of 12 blowout games.
- BallSt has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- The Cardinals set season highs for assists, field goals made, steals, total points, and turnovers.
- The last time BallSt recorded at least 30 field goals made was Dec 21, 2010 against Mount St. Joseph.
- BallSt set a season low for blocks.
- The Cardinals have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Ball State has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Jesse Berry recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6.
- The top two scorers (Majok Majok and Jesse Berry) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Majok Majok and Matt Kamieniecki) accounted for 40.5% of the rebounds.
- Majok Majok has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 14 times in 18 games this season.
- Chris Bond had career highs with 8 field goals made and 5 steals.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Jesse Berry's career.
- Jesse Berry had a career high with 6 three-pointers.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Majok Majok's career.
- Majok Majok has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Jauwan Scaife has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jauwan Scaife had a career high with 7 assists.
Miami (OH) Game Notes
- Miami (OH) lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 5th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Miami (OH) has been on the losing end of 17 blowout games.
- This loss extended the RedHawks losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Will Felder and Quinten Rollins) accounted for 41.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Will Felder and Jon Harris) accounted for 47.0% of the rebounds.
- Will Felder has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 8 times in 18 games this season.
- Will Felder has 9 straight double-digit point games.