(9-11, 0-8 away)
(16-3, 13-1 home)
Venue: FedEx Forum
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 26, 2013
||D Kane 15
||D Tinnon 8
||D Kane 7
||J Jackson 13
||D Stephens 6
||J Jackson 4
Marshall was edged by Memphis 73-72 in conference play on Saturday, January 26th. The Thundering Herd got a game-high 22 points and five rebounds from DeAndre Kane. D.D. Scarver had 20 points and added five rebounds. Joe Jackson got a team-high 16 points and five assists for the Tigers. Next up for Marshall (9-11, 2-3 C-USA) is Southern Methodist (11-10, 1-5 C-USA) on Wednesday, January 30th on their home court.
Marshall Game Notes
- Marshall started 9-11 during the 2008, 2005, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Marshall beat the spread by 14.5 points. That makes the 3rd time this season the Thundering Herd have beaten the spread.
- The Thundering Herd have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Marshall has lost 27 close games.
- Marshall has lost 88% of the time this season (1-7) after recording 39 or fewer rebounds.
- The Thundering Herd have lost 78% of the time this season (2-7) after having a field goal percentage of 41.5% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.0% or better this season, Marshall has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Marshall has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, Marshall has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- DeAndre Kane accounted for 30.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Dennis Tinnon and Robert Goff) accounted for 41.0% of the rebounds.
- DeAndre Kane has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- Dennis Tinnon has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of D.D. Scarver's career.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of DeAndre Kane's career.
- DeAndre Kane has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Robert Goff.
Memphis Game Notes
- Memphis won, but did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Joe Jackson and Adonis Thomas) accounted for 42.4% of the points.
- Joe Jackson has led the team in scoring 6 times in 19 games this season.
- Tarik Black has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 19 games this season.
- Joe Jackson has 15 straight double-digit point games.