(9-11, 0-8 away)
(16-3, 13-1 home)
Venue: FedEx Forum
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 26, 2013
||D Kane 15
||D Tinnon 8
||D Kane 7
||J Jackson 13
||D Stephens 6
||J Jackson 4
On Saturday, January 26th, Memphis just barely got by Marshall 73-72 in conference play. Joe Jackson led the Tigers and put up a team-high 16 points plus five assists. D.J. Stephens got eight points and added five rebounds. For the Thundering Herd, DeAndre Kane finished with a game-high 22 points and five rebounds. Memphis (16-3, 5-0 C-USA) gets East Carolina (12-7, 3-3 C-USA) on the road on Wednesday, January 30th.
Memphis Game Notes
- Memphis started 16-3 during the 2008 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Marshall extended the Memphis winning streak to 10 games.
- The Tigers have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Memphis has won 31 close games.
- The Tigers have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 18 or more free throws made.
- Memphis has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- Memphis has won 83% of the time this season (10-2) when its field goal percentage has been 48.0% or better.
- Memphis has won 100% of the time this season (13-0) after holding an opponent to under 41.5% field goal percentage.
- Memphis has won 100% of the time this season (10-0) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Memphis has won 88% of the time (7-1) when Shaq Goodwin has 11 points or more, 100% of the time (8-0) when Joe Jackson plays 35 minutes or more, and 78% of the time (7-2) when Adonis Thomas has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Tigers have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 15 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Memphis has a 12.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Joe Jackson and Adonis Thomas) accounted for 42.4% of the points.
- Joe Jackson has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 19 games this season.
- Tarik Black has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 19 games this season.
- Joe Jackson has 15 straight double-digit point games.
Marshall Game Notes
- The Thundering Herd have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Marshall has lost 27 close games.
- DeAndre Kane accounted for 30.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Dennis Tinnon and Robert Goff) accounted for 41.0% of the rebounds.
- DeAndre Kane has led the team in scoring 6 times in 20 games this season.
- Dennis Tinnon has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of D.D. Scarver's career.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of DeAndre Kane's career.
- DeAndre Kane has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Robert Goff.