(8-12, 2-10 away)
Stony Brook 79
(15-5, 7-1 home)
Venue: Pritchard Gymnasium
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 26, 2013
||J Edwards 17
||A Fraser 8
||X Pollard 4
||D Coley 12
||T Brenton 8
||T Brenton 5
Stony Brook squared off with Maine on Saturday, January 26th and beat the Black Bears 79-69 in conference play. Tommy Brenton earned a rare triple-double in the Seawolves win with 15 points, 14 rebounds, and 11 assists. Eric McAlister had a career-high 22 points and added five rebounds. Justin Edwards recorded a double-double for the Black Bears on 19 points and 13 rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Seawolves. Stony Brook (15-5, 6-1 America East) goes to Albany (16-6, 5-3 America East) on Tuesday, January 29th.
Stony Brook Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:01 left to go.
- The Seawolves have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 41 or more rebounds.
- Stony Brook has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when its field goal percentage has been 45.0% or better.
- STKNY has won 100% of the time this season (11-0) when opponents record 8 or fewer free throws made.
- STKNY has won 94% of the time this season (15-1) after holding an opponent to under 40.0% field goal percentage.
- This season Stony Brook has won 90% of the time (9-1) when Anthony Jackson has 10 points or more, 83% of the time (5-1) when Tommy Brenton plays 34 minutes or more, and 73% of the time (8-3) when Dave Coley has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Seawolves have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 7 games.
- Eric McAlister recorded a team season high in points with 22.
- Tommy Brenton tallied a team season high in assists with 11.
- The top two scorers (Eric McAlister and Tommy Brenton) accounted for 46.8% of the points.
- Tommy Brenton accounted for 34.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Tommy Brenton has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 20 games this season.
- This game was the 1st double-digit assist game of Tommy Brenton's career.
- Tommy Brenton has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Tommy Brenton recorded a triple-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Tommy Brenton had a career high with 11 assists.
- Dave Coley has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Jameel Warney recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Eric McAlister's career.
Maine Game Notes
- Zarko Valjarevic recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 7 and three pointers attempted with 12.
- Zarko Valjarevic accounted for 30.4% of the team's points.
- Justin Edwards accounted for 30.9% of the team's rebounds.
- Justin Edwards has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Zarko Valjarevic's career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Jon Mesghna.
- Justin Edwards recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Justin Edwards has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- Justin Edwards recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 5th of his career.
- Justin Edwards set career highs with 13 rebounds and 6 offensive rebounds.