(12-7, 3-4 away)
(10-8, 9-3 home)
Venue: Thompson-Boling Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 26, 2013
||T Releford 16
||R Cooper 4
||T Lacey 3
||J McRae 14
||J Stokes 8
||T Golden 4
Alabama faced off with Tennessee on Saturday, January 26th and dropped a close one to the Volunteers 54-53 in conference play. The Crimson Tide stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-2 for the season. Trevor Releford got a game-high 18 points (5 Stl 4 Ast) on 64% shooting in 35 minutes in a losing effort. Trevor Lacey also had a good outing, scoring 11 points and adding four rebounds. Jarnell Stokes registered a double-double for the Volunteers on 15 points and 18 rebounds. Alabama (12-7, 4-2 SEC) gets Arkansas (12-7, 3-3 SEC) on their home court on Thursday, January 31st.
Alabama Game Notes
- Alabama started 12-7 during the 2010, 2009, 2008, 1998, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Alabama beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Crimson Tide have beaten the spread.
- The Crimson Tide have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Alabama has lost 29 close games.
- When the opposition commits 11 or fewer turnovers this season, Alabama has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- Alabama set a season low for rebounds.
- The Crimson Tide have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Crimson Tide opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Trevor Releford accounted for 33.9% of the team's points.
- Trevor Releford has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 19 games this season.
- Trevor Lacey has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 19 games this season.
- Trevor Releford has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Trevor Releford had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
Tennessee Game Notes
- Tennessee won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Volunteers won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Tennessee has lost 26 close games.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded a team season high in rebounds with 18 and offensive rebounds with 8.
- Jordan McRae accounted for 31.4% of the team's points.
- Jarnell Stokes accounted for 48.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan McRae has led the team in scoring 8 times in 18 games this season.
- Jarnell Stokes has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 18 games this season.
- Jordan McRae has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 7th of his career.
- Jarnell Stokes set career highs with 18 rebounds and 8 offensive rebounds.