Kansas State 67
(15-4, 3-3 away)
Iowa State 73
(14-5, 12-0 home)
Venue: James H. Hilton Coliseum
1:45PM ET / 10:45AM PT, January 26, 2013
||R McGruder 15
||T Gipson 5
||A Rodriguez 4
||W Clyburn 14
||M Ejim 9
||K Lucious 5
Iowa State earned an upset victory over No. 11 Kansas State 73-67 in conference action on Saturday, January 26th. With the win, the Cyclones are now 1-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Will Clyburn got a game-high 24 points and 10 rebounds for the Cyclones, earning a double-double. Korie Lucious had 10 points and added eight assists. For the Wildcats, Angel Rodriguez got nine points. The next game will be on Wednesday, January 30th when Iowa State (14-5, 4-2 Big 12) travels to Oklahoma State (13-5, 3-3 Big 12).
Iowa State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:02 left to go.
- Iowa State started 14-5 during the 2011 and 2010 seasons (since 1996).
- ISU beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Cyclones have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, ISU played 32 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 3-29.
- Iowa State has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.1% or better.
- Iowa State has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- The Cyclones have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 11 or more three-pointers.
- ISU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 28 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Iowa State has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Georges Niang has 15 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Will Clyburn has 6 free throws made or more, and 77% of the time (10-3) when Melvin Ejim has 10 rebounds or more.
- ISU set a season low for steals.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Cyclones came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--ISU has a 20.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Will Clyburn accounted for 32.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Melvin Ejim and Will Clyburn) accounted for 57.1% of the rebounds.
- Will Clyburn has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 19 games this season.
- Melvin Ejim has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Will Clyburn's career.
- Will Clyburn has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Will Clyburn recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 13th of his career.
- Korie Lucious had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Melvin Ejim recorded the 24th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Kansas State Game Notes
- Kansas State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Will Spradling and Rodney McGruder) accounted for 41.7% of the points.
- Rodney McGruder has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 19 games this season.
- Rodney McGruder has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Will Spradling set a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- Shane Southwell has 3 straight double-digit point games.