(13-7, 5-5 away)
Appalachian State 56
(8-11, 6-3 home)
Venue: Holmes Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 26, 2013
||D Brooks 13
||D Brooks 6
||N Cochran 3
||N Healy 14
||N Healy 7
||M Neal 3
Davidson outshot Appalachian State 52%-30% and easily got past the Mountaineers 79-56 in SoCon action on Saturday, January 26th. It was all Davidson from the beginning and they led 45-23 at the half. The Wildcats got a double-double out of De`Mon Brooks with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Jake Cohen had a team-high 17 points and added four rebounds. For the Mountaineers, Nathan Healy finished with 13 points and eight rebounds (4 Blk 4 Stl). Davidson (13-7, 8-1 SoCon) takes on Samford (7-13, 5-2 SoCon) on Thursday, January 31st at home.
Davidson Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:00 left to go.
- Davidson started 13-7 during the 2005, 2004, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Appalachian State extended the Davidson winning streak to 4 games.
- Davidson beat the spread by 13.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- This was the 5th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Davidson has been on the winning end of 46 blowout games.
- The Wildcats have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 79 or more total points.
- Davidson has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- This season Davidson has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Chris Czerapowicz has 13 points or more, 83% of the time (5-1) when Nik Cochran plays 36 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Jake Cohen has 6 field goals made or more.
- The Wildcats have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Jake Cohen and De`Mon Brooks) accounted for 41.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (De`Mon Brooks and Chris Czerapowicz) accounted for 41.4% of the rebounds.
- Jake Cohen has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- De`Mon Brooks has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 20 games this season.
- De`Mon Brooks recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- De`Mon Brooks recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 6th of his career.
- Tom Droney had a career high with 7 assists.
- Tyler Kalinoski had a career high with 6 field goals made.
Appalachian State Game Notes
- Appalachian State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, AppSt has been on the losing end of 13 blowout games.
- Tevin Baskin recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12 and free throws attempted with 15.
- Tevin Baskin accounted for 32.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Nathan Healy and Tevin Baskin) accounted for 51.7% of the rebounds.
- Tevin Baskin has led the team in scoring 4 times in 19 games this season.
- Nathan Healy has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 19 games this season.
- Nathan Healy has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Nathan Healy set career highs with 4 steals and 4 blocks.