Northern Illinois 25
(4-14, 2-9 away)
Eastern Michigan 42
(10-10, 10-2 home)
Venue: Convocation Center (MI)
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 26, 2013
||A Nader 13
||A Nader 4
||D Balls 1
||D Thompson 11
||D Riley 6
||J Ross 3
Northern Illinois was outshot 37%-13% by Eastern Michigan and was thumped by the Eagles 42-25 in conference play on Saturday, January 26th. Daveon Balls put up a team-high seven points and two rebounds for the Huskies. Abdel Nader had five points and added six rebounds. For the Eagles, Matt Balkema got two points and eight rebounds. Northern Illinois (4-14, 2-4 MAC) takes on Kent State (11-9, 2-4 MAC) on Wednesday, January 30th at home.
Northern Illinois Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:56 left to go.
- Northern Illinois started 4-14 during the 2006 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- Northern Illinois has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 6 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 42 or more rebounds this season, Northern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 8 or more blocks this season, Northern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 12 or more free throws made this season, Northern Illinois has lost 86% of the time (2-12).
- The Huskies set a season high for rebounds.
- The last time NIU recorded at least 42 rebounds was Feb 22, 2012 against Eastern Michigan.
- NIU set season lows for field goals made, field goal percentage, three-pointers, three-point percentage, total points, and turnovers.
- Northern Illinois has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Daveon Balls and Abdel Nader) accounted for 48.0% of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (13) than the starters (12).
- Abdel Nader has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- Keith Gray had a career high with 5 offensive rebounds.
Eastern Michigan Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Glenn Bryant and Daylen Harrison) accounted for 42.8% of the points.
- Glenn Bryant has led the team in scoring 3 times in 20 games this season.
- Glenn Bryant has 4 straight double-digit point games.