(16-4, 3-3 away)
George Washington 82
(10-9, 6-4 home)
Venue: Charles E. Smith Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 26, 2013
||D Mayfield 11
||W Clayton 7
||P Henry 3
||I Armwood 11
||I Armwood 8
||J McDonald 3
George Washington thumped Charlotte 82-54 in A-10 action on an afternoon when they outshot the 49ers 53%-32%. The Colonials got the win with nine points and four rebounds from Dwayne Smith. Bryan Bynes also had an excellent game, scoring a season-high 12 points and adding four assists. For the 49ers, DeMario Mayfield got a game-high 17 points and eight rebounds. George Washington (10-8, 4-2 A-10) hosts La Salle (14-4, 4-2 A-10) on Saturday, February 2nd.
George Washington Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:12 left to go.
- George Washington started 10-9 during the 2010, 2001, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Charlotte extended the George Washington winning streak to 3 games.
- GW beat the spread by 25.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Colonials have beaten the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, GW has been on the winning end of 13 blowout games.
- The Colonials have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 17 or more assists.
- GW has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 27 or fewer rebounds.
- This season George Washington has won 73% of the time (8-3) when Lasan Kromah has 4 field goals made or more and 100% of the time (5-0) when Patricio Garino has 4 steals or more.
- The Colonials set season highs for free throws made and total points.
- The last time GW recorded at least 27 free throws made was Jan 02, 2010 against Howard.
- The Colonials have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--GW has a 10.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The bench recorded more points (43) than the starters (39).
- Isaiah Armwood has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 19 games this season.
Charlotte Game Notes
- Charlotte lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Charlotte has been on the losing end of 13 blowout games.
- DeMario Mayfield accounted for 31.4% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Willie Clayton and DeMario Mayfield) accounted for 59.2% of the rebounds.
- DeMario Mayfield has led the team in scoring 6 times in 20 games this season.
- Willie Clayton has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 20 games this season.
- DeMario Mayfield has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Braswell has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Chris Braswell.