On an afternoon when they scored 33 points from beyond the three-point line, North Carolina-Wilmington got a road win against Hofstra 57-51 in conference play. Chris Dixon played well for the Seahawks and put up a game-high 22 points (8 Reb 5 Ast), sinking 5 of 8 from three-point range. Tanner Milson was on fire from three-point range, going 5 for 7 to get to 17 points overall. Moussa Kone got nine points and five rebounds for the Pride. North Carolina-Wilmington (8-11, 3-4 CAA) hosts James Madison (11-10, 5-3 CAA) on Monday, January 28th.
North Carolina-Wilmington Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:15 left to go.
- The last time UNCW started the season 8-11 was 2011.
- UNCW beat the spread by 9.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Seahawks have beaten the spread.
- The Seahawks have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 8 or more steals.
- UNCW has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 9 or fewer assists.
- The Seahawks set a season high for three-pointers.
- The last time UNCW recorded at least 11 three-pointers was Feb 19, 2011 against Charleston Southern.
- The Seahawks have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 9 games.
- North Carolina-Wilmington has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Seahawks came back after being down at halftime.
- Chris Dixon accounted for 38.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Dixon and Freddie Jackson) accounted for 46.8% of the rebounds.
- Chris Dixon has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Chris Dixon's career.
- Chris Dixon has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Keith Rendleman has 10 straight double-digit point games.
Hofstra Game Notes
- Hofstra lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Pride losing streak to 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Taran Buie and Stevie Mejia) accounted for 47.0% of the points.
- Taran Buie has led the team in scoring 11 times in 20 games this season.
- Taran Buie has 5 straight double-digit point games.