(10-10, 1-6 away)
(14-4, 11-1 home)
Venue: BMO Harris Bradley Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 26, 2013
||B Cotton 21
||L Henton 8
||V Council 6
||V Blue 13
||D Gardner 5
||J Cadougan 4
On Saturday, January 26th, Marquette topped Providence 81-71 in Big East play. Juan Anderson played brilliantly for the Golden Eagles and put up nine points and two rebounds. Trent Lockett also had a strong showing, scoring 13 points and adding six rebounds. For the Friars, Bryce Cotton finished with a game-high 19 points and four rebounds. The next game will be on Monday, January 28th when Marquette (14-4, 5-1 Big East) welcomes South Florida (10-9, 1-6 Big East).
Marquette Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:17 left to go.
- Marquette started 14-4 during the 2011, 2007, 2006, 2004, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Marquette beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Golden Eagles have beaten the spread.
- The Golden Eagles have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 81 or more total points.
- Marquette has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.2% or better.
- Marquette has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 27 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Marquette has won 91% of the time (10-1) when Davante Gardner has 13 points or more, 90% of the time (9-1) when Jamil Wilson has 4 field goals made or more, and 75% of the time (6-2) when Vander Blue has 4 free throws made or more.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Marquette has a 12.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Junior Cadougan has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- Trent Lockett has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- Vander Blue has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Vander Blue.
- Davante Gardner has 8 straight double-digit point games.
Providence Game Notes
- Providence lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Bryce Cotton and Sidiki Johnson) accounted for 46.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Sidiki Johnson and LaDontae Henton) accounted for 40.7% of the rebounds.
- Bryce Cotton has led the team in scoring 13 times in 20 games this season.
- Sidiki Johnson has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 20 games this season.
- Bryce Cotton has 8 straight double-digit point games.
|B+||S. Taylor Jr.||13||8||2||1||0||0||0|