Rhode Island 63
(6-12, 2-5 away)
(6-14, 5-3 home)
Venue: Rose Hill Gym
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, January 26, 2013
||X Munford 17
||N Malesevic 4
||M Powell 3
||B Frazier 16
||C Gaston 8
||B Frazier 5
Rhode Island faced off with Fordham on Saturday, January 26th and was edged by Fordham 66-63 in conference play. Nikola Malesevic put up 10 points and six rebounds in the Rams loss. Andre Malone had 12 points and added three rebounds. For Fordham, Mandell Thomas got a season-high 17 points and seven rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, January 30th when Rhode Island (6-12, 1-4 A-10) hosts 19th-ranked Virginia Commonwealth (16-5, 4-2 A-10).
Rhode Island Game Notes
- The Rams have been unlucky 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Rhode Island has lost 31 close games.
- The Rams have lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after having a three-point percentage of 25.0% or worse.
- Rhode Island has lost 90% of the time this season (1-9) after recording 6 or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition records 45 or more rebounds this season, Rhode Island has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, Rhode Island has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, Rhode Island has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- This is the 5th loss of the season where the Rams opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Mike Powell and Andre Malone) accounted for 41.2% of the points.
- Mike Powell has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- Ryan Brooks has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- Andre Malone has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Xavier Munford has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Nikola Malesevic has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 6th foul out of the season for Nikola Malesevic.
Fordham Game Notes
- The Rams won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Fordham has lost 18 close games.
- Branden Frazier recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11 and free throws attempted with 13.
- Branden Frazier accounted for 30.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Rhoomes and Travion Leonard) accounted for 42.2% of the rebounds.
- Branden Frazier has led the team in scoring 10 times in 20 games this season.
- Ryan Rhoomes has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Branden Frazier's career.
- Branden Frazier set a career high with 11 free throws made.
- Ryan Rhoomes recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Bryan Smith.