On Saturday, January 26th, Fordham took on Rhode Island and narrowly beat Rhode Island 66-63 in conference action. Fordham were led by Mandell Thomas, who put up a season-high 17 points plus seven rebounds. Travion Leonard also had a strong game, scoring a season-high 13 points and adding eight rebounds. Nikola Malesevic finished with 10 points and six rebounds for Rhode Island. Next up for Fordham (6-14, 2-3 A-10) is St. Joseph's (PA) (11-7, 2-3 A-10) on Wednesday, January 30th on their home court.
Fordham Game Notes
- Fordham started 6-14 during the 2010 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Fordham beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Rams have beaten the spread.
- The Rams have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Fordham has won 17 close games.
- The Rams set a season high for free throws made.
- Fordham has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Rams came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--Fordham has a 2.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Branden Frazier recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11 and free throws attempted with 13.
- Branden Frazier accounted for 30.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Rhoomes and Travion Leonard) accounted for 42.2% of the rebounds.
- Branden Frazier has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 20 games this season.
- Ryan Rhoomes has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Branden Frazier's career.
- Branden Frazier had a career high with 11 free throws made.
- Ryan Rhoomes recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Bryan Smith.
Rhode Island Game Notes
- Rhode Island lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Rams have lost 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Rhode Island has lost 31 close games.
- The top two scorers (Mike Powell and Andre Malone) accounted for 41.2% of the points.
- Mike Powell has led the team in scoring 4 times in 18 games this season.
- Ryan Brooks has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 18 games this season.
- Andre Malone has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Xavier Munford has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Nikola Malesevic has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 6th foul out of the season for Nikola Malesevic.