On a day when they were outshot 56%-36% by the Cavaliers, Boston College was tripped up by Virginia 65-51 in conference play. The Eagles got 10 points from Joe Rahon in minutes. Lonnie Jackson had nine points and added five rebounds. For the Cavaliers, Evan Nolte finished with nine points and two rebounds. The next game will be on Tuesday, January 29th when Boston College (9-10, 1-5 ACC) welcomes North Carolina (13-6, 3-3 ACC).
Boston College Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:45 left to go.
- The last time BC started the season 9-10 was 1999.
- Boston College has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 23 or fewer rebounds.
- Boston College has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Boston College has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Boston College has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- BC set a season low for field goals made.
- The Eagles have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Eagles opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Ryan Anderson and Olivier Hanlan) accounted for 47.0% of the points.
- Eddie Odio accounted for 30.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Ryan Anderson has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 19 games this season.
- Olivier Hanlan has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Anderson has 10 straight double-digit point games.
Virginia Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Akil Mitchell and Justin Anderson) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Paul Jesperson and Akil Mitchell) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- Akil Mitchell has led the team in scoring 4 times in 19 games this season.
- Paul Jesperson set career highs with 7 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.