On an afternoon when they outshot the Eagles 56%-36%, Virginia knocked off Boston College 65-51 in conference action. Evan Nolte guided the Cavaliers and put up nine points plus two rebounds. Akil Mitchell also had a decent outing, scoring a game-high 16 points and adding six rebounds. For the Eagles, Joe Rahon finished with 10 points. The next game will be on Tuesday, January 29th when Virginia (14-5, 4-2 ACC) hosts 18th-ranked NC State (16-4, 5-2 ACC).
Virginia Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:45 left to go.
- Virginia started 14-5 during the 2001 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Boston College extended the Virginia winning streak to 3 games.
- UVA beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Cavaliers have beaten the spread.
- The Cavaliers have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 65 or more total points.
- Virginia has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- UVA has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when opponents record 51 or fewer total points.
- UVA has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.2% field goal percentage.
- This season Virginia has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Akil Mitchell has 6 field goals made or more, 75% of the time (6-2) when Joe Harris has 5 rebounds or more, and 100% of the time (5-0) when Jontel Evans has 6 assists or more.
- The Cavaliers have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Virginia has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Cavaliers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--UVA has a 17.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Akil Mitchell and Justin Anderson) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Paul Jesperson and Akil Mitchell) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- Akil Mitchell has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 19 games this season.
- Paul Jesperson had career highs with 7 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
Boston College Game Notes
- Boston College lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Eagles losing streak to 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Ryan Anderson and Olivier Hanlan) accounted for 47.0% of the points.
- Eddie Odio accounted for 30.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Ryan Anderson has led the team in scoring 9 times in 19 games this season.
- Olivier Hanlan has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Anderson has 10 straight double-digit point games.