On Saturday, January 26th, Arkansas was outshot 58%-34% by South Carolina and was thumped by the Gamecocks 75-54 in conference play. It was over at the half, as South Carolina jumped out to a 43-26 lead and never looked back. Marshawn Powell secured a double-double in a losing effort including a game-high 22 points and 13 rebounds. Coty Clarke had seven points and added four rebounds. For the Gamecocks, Brian Richardson got a team-high 20 points and six rebounds. Arkansas (12-7, 3-3 SEC) takes on Alabama (12-7, 4-2 SEC) on Thursday, January 31st on the road.
Arkansas Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:44 left to go.
- Arkansas started 12-7 during the 2000 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Arkansas has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after recording 13 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 42 or more rebounds this season, Arkansas has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, Arkansas has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- Arkansas set season lows for field goals made, field goal percentage, three-pointers, and three-point percentage.
- Arkansas has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Marshawn Powell accounted for 40.7% of the team's points.
- Marshawn Powell accounted for 50.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Marshawn Powell has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 9 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Marshawn Powell's career.
- Marshawn Powell has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Marshawn Powell recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 10th of his career.
- Marshawn Powell had career highs with 13 rebounds and 6 offensive rebounds.
South Carolina Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Brian Richardson and Bruce Ellington) accounted for 45.3% of the points.
- Brian Richardson has led the team in scoring 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Bruce Ellington set career highs with a 75% field goal percentage and a 100% three-point percentage.
- Lakeem Jackson set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Brian Richardson's career.
- Brian Richardson set career highs with 20 points and 8 field goals made.