On Saturday, January 26th, South Carolina outshot Arkansas 58%-34% and won big over the Razorbacks 75-54 in conference play. It was all South Carolina from the beginning and they led 43-26 at the half. The Gamecocks got the win with a team-high 20 points and six rebounds from Brian Richardson. Laimonas Chatkevicius also had an excellent game, scoring eight points and adding seven rebounds. Marshawn Powell got a double-double for the Razorbacks on a game-high 22 points and 13 rebounds. Next up for South Carolina (12-7, 2-4 SEC) is eighth-ranked Florida (16-2, 6-0 SEC) on Wednesday, January 30th on the road.
South Carolina Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:44 left to go.
- South Carolina started 12-7 during the 2010, 2006, 2004, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- USC beat the spread by 25.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Gamecocks have beaten the spread.
- The Gamecocks have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- USC has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 26 or fewer rebounds.
- This season South Carolina has won 86% of the time (6-1) when Lakeem Jackson has 11 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Brian Richardson has 3 three-pointers or more, and 78% of the time (7-2) when Mindaugas Kacinas has 5 rebounds or more.
- The Gamecocks set a season high for field goal percentage.
- The last time USC had a field goal percentage of 57.7% or higher was Dec 23, 2008 against Presbyterian.
- USC set a season low for steals.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--USC has a 6.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Brian Richardson and Bruce Ellington) accounted for 45.3% of the points.
- Brian Richardson has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 19 games this season.
- Bruce Ellington had career highs with a 75% field goal percentage and a 100% three-point percentage.
- Lakeem Jackson had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Brian Richardson's career.
- Brian Richardson had career highs with 20 points and 8 field goals made.
Arkansas Game Notes
- Arkansas lost and did not cover the spread.
- Marshawn Powell accounted for 40.7% of the team's points.
- Marshawn Powell accounted for 50.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Marshawn Powell has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 9 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Marshawn Powell's career.
- Marshawn Powell has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Marshawn Powell recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 10th of his career.
- Marshawn Powell set career highs with 13 rebounds and 6 offensive rebounds.