Kansas State 67
(15-4, 3-3 away)
Iowa State 73
(14-5, 12-0 home)
Venue: James H. Hilton Coliseum
1:45PM ET / 10:45AM PT, January 26, 2013
||R McGruder 15
||T Gipson 5
||A Rodriguez 4
||W Clyburn 14
||M Ejim 9
||K Lucious 5
No. 11 Kansas State faced off with Iowa State on Saturday, January 26th and was upset by the Cyclones 73-67 in conference play. Angel Rodriguez put up nine points in 18 minutes in the loss. Will Spradling had a team-high 15 points and added four assists. Will Clyburn recorded a double-double for the Cyclones on a game-high 24 points and 10 rebounds. Kansas State (15-4, 4-2 Big 12) takes on Texas (9-10, 1-5 Big 12) on Wednesday, January 30th at home.
Kansas State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:02 left to go.
- Kansas State started 15-4 during the 2011 and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- K-State set a season low for free throws made.
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Wildcats opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Will Spradling and Rodney McGruder) accounted for 41.7% of the points.
- Rodney McGruder has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 19 games this season.
- Rodney McGruder has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Will Spradling had a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- Shane Southwell has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Iowa State Game Notes
- Will Clyburn accounted for 32.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Melvin Ejim and Will Clyburn) accounted for 57.1% of the rebounds.
- Will Clyburn has led the team in scoring 5 times in 19 games this season.
- Melvin Ejim has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Will Clyburn's career.
- Will Clyburn has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Will Clyburn recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 13th of his career.
- Korie Lucious set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Melvin Ejim recorded the 24th double-digit rebound game of his career.