On Saturday, January 26th, Quinnipiac took on Fairleigh Dickinson and got by the Knights 58-56 in conference action. Ousmane Drame guided the Bobcats and got six points and eight rebounds. Ike Azotam got a double-double with a team-high 14 points and 10 rebounds. For the Knights, Sidney Sanders Jr. got 11 points and seven assists (5 Reb 3 Stl). Quinnipiac (8-12, 4-4 NEC) takes on Mount St. Mary's (7-11, 2-5 NEC) on Thursday, January 31st on the road.
Quinnipiac Game Notes
- Quinnipiac started 8-12 during the 2008, 2001, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The Bobcats have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Quinnipiac has won 35 close games.
- The Bobcats have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 16 or more assists.
- This season Quinnipiac has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Ike Azotam has 4 free throws made or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Shaq Shannon has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Bobcats have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 20 games.
- Quinnipiac has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 7 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Quinnipiac has a -0.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Ike Azotam and Shaq Shannon) accounted for 44.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ike Azotam and Ousmane Drame) accounted for 40.9% of the rebounds.
- Ike Azotam has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 16 times in 20 games this season.
- Ike Azotam recorded the 28th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ike Azotam has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Ike Azotam recorded a double-double. It was his 9th this season and 25th of his career.
Fairleigh Dickinson Game Notes
- The Knights have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Fairleigh Dickinson has lost 21 close games.
- This loss extended the Knights losing streak to 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Kinu Rochford and Sidney Sanders Jr.) accounted for 44.6% of the points.
- Kinu Rochford has led the team in scoring 8 times in 21 games this season.