(11-10, 4-8 away)
Virginia Military 49
(9-10, 7-2 home)
Venue: Cameron Hall
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, January 26, 2013
||D Harper 13
||K Hartley 6
||T Strange 4
||S Okoye 20
||S Okoye 8
||R Glasgow 4
Virginia Military Institute lost in front of the home crowd against Gardner-Webb 63-49 in conference play on Saturday, January 26th. D.J. Covington earned a double-double in the Keydets loss including 11 points and 10 rebounds. Stan Okoye had 14 points and added five rebounds. Tashan Newsome finished with a team-high 13 points and four rebounds for the Bulldogs. Virginia Military Institute (9-10, 4-3 Big South) gets Radford (8-11, 3-3 Big South) on the road on Wednesday, January 30th.
Virginia Military Institute Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:01 left to go.
- Virginia Military Institute started 9-10 during the 1998 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Virginia Military Institute has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 20 or fewer field goals made.
- The Keydets have lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after having a field goal percentage of 37.7% or worse.
- Virginia Military Institute has lost 75% of the time this season (2-6) after committing 15 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.0% or better this season, Virginia Military Institute has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- VMI set season lows for blocks, free throws made, rebounds, and total points.
- The Keydets have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Virginia Military Institute has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--VMI has a 19.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Stan Okoye and Tim Marshall) accounted for 57.1% of the points.
- D.J. Covington accounted for 40.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Stan Okoye has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 19 games this season.
- D.J. Covington has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 19 games this season.
- Stan Okoye has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Covington recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- D.J. Covington recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 6th of his career.
- D.J. Covington had a career high with 9 defensive rebounds.
Gardner-Webb Game Notes
- Kevin Hartley recorded a team season high in rebounds with 13 and defensive rebounds with 11.
- Kevin Hartley accounted for 34.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Tashan Newsome has led the team in scoring 6 times in 21 games this season.
- Kevin Hartley has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 21 games this season.
- Kevin Hartley recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kevin Hartley recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Kevin Hartley set career highs with 13 rebounds and 11 defensive rebounds.
- Tashan Newsome has 9 straight double-digit point games.