West Virginia 66
(9-10, 2-8 away)
Oklahoma State 80
(13-5, 11-1 home)
Venue: Gallagher-Iba Arena
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, January 26, 2013
||A Murray 9
||A Murray 6
||J Staten 3
||M Brown 14
||P Jurick 7
||M Smart 4
On Saturday, January 26th, West Virginia took on Oklahoma State and stumbled against the Cowboys 80-66 in conference play. Aaric Murray earned a double-double in a losing effort including 11 points and 10 rebounds. Deniz Kilicli had 12 points and added five rebounds. Phil Forte finished with a season-high 26 points for the Cowboys, making 6 of 11 from three-point range. The next game will be on Monday, January 28th when West Virginia (9-10, 2-4 Big 12) welcomes third-ranked Kansas (16-1, 5-0 Big 12).
West Virginia Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:05 left to go.
- West Virginia has lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after recording 66 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 80 or more total points this season, West Virginia has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.1% or better this season, West Virginia has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, West Virginia has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- The top two scorers (Eron Harris and Deniz Kilicli) accounted for 43.9% of the points.
- Aaric Murray accounted for 35.7% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (10).
- Eron Harris has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 19 games this season.
- Aaric Murray has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 19 games this season.
- Eron Harris has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Deniz Kilicli.
- Aaric Murray recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Aaric Murray recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 14th of his career.
Oklahoma State Game Notes
- Phil Forte recorded a team season high in points with 26.
- Phil Forte accounted for 32.5% of the team's points.
- Philip Jurick accounted for 35.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Philip Jurick has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Markel Brown's career.
- Markel Brown set a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Phil Forte's career.
- Philip Jurick recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.