West Virginia 66
(9-10, 2-8 away)
Oklahoma State 80
(13-5, 11-1 home)
Venue: Gallagher-Iba Arena
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, January 26, 2013
||A Murray 9
||A Murray 6
||J Staten 3
||M Brown 14
||P Jurick 7
||M Smart 4
Oklahoma State knocked off West Virginia 80-66 in conference play on Saturday, January 26th. The Cowboys got a season-high 26 points from Phil Forte, with 18 points coming from three-point range. Markel Brown also had an excellent outing, scoring a season-high 24 points. Aaric Murray recorded a double-double for the Mountaineers on 11 points and 10 rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, January 30th when Oklahoma State (13-5, 3-3 Big 12) welcomes Iowa State (13-5, 3-2 Big 12).
Oklahoma State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:05 left to go.
- Oklahoma State started 13-5 during the 2008 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- OSU beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Cowboys have beaten the spread.
- Oklahoma State has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.1% or better.
- The Cowboys have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 16 or more assists.
- OSU has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- OSU has won 93% of the time this season (13-1) after holding an opponent to under 42.9% field goal percentage.
- This season Oklahoma State has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Markel Brown has 4 free throws made or more, 100% of the time (9-0) when Le`Bryan Nash has 5 rebounds or more, and 73% of the time (8-3) when Marcus Smart has 4 assists or more.
- The Cowboys set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time OSU had a three-point percentage of 52.6% or higher was Dec 21, 2010 against Stanford.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--OSU has a 19.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Phil Forte recorded a team season high in points with 26.
- Phil Forte accounted for 32.5% of the team's points.
- Philip Jurick accounted for 35.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Philip Jurick has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Markel Brown's career.
- Markel Brown had a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Phil Forte's career.
- Philip Jurick recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
West Virginia Game Notes
- West Virginia lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Eron Harris and Deniz Kilicli) accounted for 43.9% of the points.
- Aaric Murray accounted for 35.7% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (10).
- Eron Harris has led the team in scoring 4 times in 19 games this season.
- Aaric Murray has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 19 games this season.
- Eron Harris has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Deniz Kilicli.
- Aaric Murray recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Aaric Murray recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 14th of his career.