Ohio State 65
(15-4, 3-3 away)
Penn State 51
(8-12, 7-8 home)
Venue: Bryce Jordan Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 26, 2013
||D Thomas 20
||D Thomas 6
||A Craft 4
||T Frazier 16
||R Travis 6
||D (DJ) Newbill 4
On Saturday, January 26th, Penn State took on No. 14 Ohio State and lost on their home court to the Buckeyes 65-51 in conference play. With the loss, the Nittany Lions remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-5 for the season. Devonte (DJ) Newbill put up 15 points plus six assists in the loss. Jermaine Marshall had a team-high 16 points and added three rebounds. Sam Thompson got a game-high 16 points and six rebounds for the Buckeyes. Penn State (8-12, 0-8 Big Ten) takes on Iowa (13-6, 2-4 Big Ten) on Thursday, January 31st on the road.
Penn State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:15 left to go.
- Penn State started 8-12 during the 2009 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, PSU played 48 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 11-37.
- Penn State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 51 or fewer total points.
- The Nittany Lions have lost 88% of the time this season (1-7) after having a field goal percentage of 36.2% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 44.4% or better this season, Penn State has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 39 or more rebounds this season, Penn State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 43.8% or better this season, Penn State has lost 91% of the time (1-10).
- The Nittany Lions set a season high for blocks.
- PSU set season lows for rebounds and turnovers.
- Penn State has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--PSU has a -0.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jermaine Marshall accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- Jermaine Marshall has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 20 games this season.
- Devonte (DJ) Newbill has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jermaine Marshall has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Ross Travis.
Ohio State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Sam Thompson and Deshaun Thomas) accounted for 41.5% of the points.
- Lenzelle Smith Jr. has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 19 games this season.
- Sam Thompson set career highs with 6 field goals made and a 100% three-point percentage.
- Deshaun Thomas has 19 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Evan Ravenel.
|A||L. Smith Jr.||35||11||8||2||0||0||0|