|Florida State||M Snaer 14.5||T Shannon 6.3||M Snaer 2.6|
|Miami||D Scott 14.6||R Johnson 9.5||S Larkin 3.9|
No. 25 Miami (FL) plays host to Florida State at BankUnited Center on Sunday. The game tips off at 6:00 EST and you can see it on ESPNU. The Hurricanes are 2-7 against the Seminoles over the last four years. They fell 82-71 on 3/9/2012, the last time they met.
Miami (FL) is in 1st place in the conference, Florida State is in 4th place. Miami (FL) will be looking to extend its six-game win streak.
In their last match-up on January 23rd, Durand Scott put up 25 points and 6 rebounds as the Hurricanes ran it up on Duke 90-63. At 14.6, he paces the team in points per game. For the Seminoles, Kiel Turpin finished with 16 points in the 60-57 win over Clemson on January 24th. He contributes 2.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 4.3 points per game.
Florida State StatSmack
- Miami has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Florida State according to Kiplinger (66.5% vs 47%).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Miami currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (980 to 946) than Florida State, per the NCAA.
- Miami players are more experienced than Florida State players (14,789 minutes played vs 8,223 minutes played).
- The Miami rebounding leader (Kenny Kadji) has more rebounds than the Florida State rebounding leader (Terrance Shannon).
- Miami is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Miami is 79.2 inches compared to 77.2 inches for Florida State.
- We make our fans proud. Miami has a better record at home than Florida State this season (5-0 vs 4-4).
- Miami is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Miami is 226 lbs compared to 201 lbs for Florida State.
- The Miami blocks leader (Kenny Kadji) has more blocks than the Florida State blocks leader (Okaro White).
- Coral Gables isn't as congested as Tallahassee (population is significantly lower).
- The Miami steals leader (Shane Larkin) has more steals than the Florida State steals leader (Terrance Shannon).
|C-||T. Whisnant II||21||7||1||1||1||0||0|