Georgia State 57
(10-12, 3-7 away)
(8-11, 2-6 home)
Venue: Daskalakis Athletic Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 26, 2013
||R Hunter 15
||M Atkins 6
||D White 3
||D Lee 17
||D McCoy 8
||F Massenat 4
On Saturday, January 26th, Georgia State shot just 28% from the field and stumbled against Drexel 68-57 in conference play. The Panthers are now 0-2 against Drexel this season. Manny Atkins earned a double-double in the Panthers loss with a team-high 15 points and 10 rebounds. Devonta White had 14 points and added four assists. For the Dragons, Frantz Massenat finished with 15 points and eight assists. Georgia State (10-12, 5-4 CAA) takes on Northeastern (12-7, 7-0 CAA) on Wednesday, January 30th on the road.
Georgia State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:21 left to go.
- The last time GSU started the season 10-12 was 2002.
- Georgia State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.5% or better this season, Georgia State has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition commits 9 or fewer turnovers this season, Georgia State has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 68 or more total points this season, Georgia State has lost 80% of the time (2-8).
- The Panthers set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time GSU recorded at least 25 free throws made was Jan 02, 2012 against Drexel.
- GSU set season lows for field goals made, field goal percentage, and turnovers.
- The top two scorers (Manny Atkins and Devonta White) accounted for 50.8% of the points.
- Manny Atkins accounted for 38.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Manny Atkins has led the team in scoring 9 times and in rebounding 10 times in 22 games this season.
- Manny Atkins recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Manny Atkins recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Manny Atkins had career highs with 10 rebounds and 9 defensive rebounds.
- Devonta White has 17 straight double-digit point games.
Drexel Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Damion Lee and Frantz Massenat) accounted for 51.4% of the points.
- Damion Lee has led the team in scoring 9 times in 19 games this season.
- Dartaye Ruffin has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 19 games this season.
- Frantz Massenat has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Damion Lee's career.
- Damion Lee has 3 straight double-digit point games.