Georgia State 57
(10-12, 3-7 away)
(8-11, 2-6 home)
Venue: Daskalakis Athletic Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 26, 2013
||R Hunter 15
||M Atkins 6
||D White 3
||D Lee 17
||D McCoy 8
||F Massenat 4
On Saturday, January 26th, Drexel held Georgia State to just 28% from the floor and topped the Panthers 68-57 in CAA action. With a record of 2-0, the Dragons stay unbeaten against Georgia State this season. The Dragons got the win with 15 points and eight assists from Frantz Massenat. Damion Lee had a game-high 20 points and added five rebounds. Manny Atkins registered a double-double for the Panthers on a team-high 15 points and 10 rebounds. Drexel (8-11, 4-3 CAA) gets Delaware (8-10, 3-3 CAA) on their home court on Monday, January 28th.
Drexel Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:21 left to go.
- The last time Drexel started the season 8-11 was 1999.
- The win over Georgia State extended the Drexel winning streak to 3 games.
- Drexel beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Dragons have beaten the spread.
- Drexel has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 57 or fewer total points.
- The Dragons set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time Drexel recorded at least 21 free throws made was Feb 04, 2012 against Towson.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--Drexel has a -1.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Damion Lee and Frantz Massenat) accounted for 51.4% of the points.
- Damion Lee has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 19 games this season.
- Dartaye Ruffin has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 19 games this season.
- Frantz Massenat has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Damion Lee's career.
- Damion Lee has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Georgia State Game Notes
- Georgia State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Manny Atkins and Devonta White) accounted for 50.8% of the points.
- Manny Atkins accounted for 38.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Manny Atkins has led the team in scoring 9 times and in rebounding 10 times in 22 games this season.
- Manny Atkins recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Manny Atkins recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Manny Atkins set career highs with 10 rebounds and 9 defensive rebounds.
- Devonta White has 17 straight double-digit point games.