(16-4, 7-3 away)
(14-4, 12-2 home)
Venue: Verizon Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 26, 2013
||R Smith 18
||G Dieng 9
||P Siva 5
||O Porter 14
||O Porter 7
||M Starks 2
On Saturday, January 26th, Georgetown took on No. 5 Louisville and stunned the Cardinals 53-51 in conference play. The Hoyas move to 3-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Otto Porter got 17 points and 12 rebounds for the Hoyas, earning a double-double. Markel Starks had a game-high 17 points and added two rebounds. For the Cardinals, Gorgui Dieng got a team-high 12 points and seven rebounds. Georgetown (14-4, 4-3 Big East) takes on Seton Hall (13-6, 2-4 Big East) on Wednesday, January 30th on their home court.
Georgetown Game Notes
- The last time GTOWN started the season 14-4 was 2005.
- GTOWN beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Hoyas have beaten the spread.
- The Hoyas have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Georgetown has won 22 close games.
- Prior to this game, GTOWN played 50 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 25-25.
- The Hoyas have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 34 or more rebounds.
- GTOWN has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 34.8% field goal percentage.
- GTOWN has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 3 or fewer three-pointers.
- This season Georgetown has won 88% of the time (7-1) when Otto Porter has 17 points or more.
- The Hoyas set a season high for turnovers.
- The Hoyas have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Markel Starks accounted for 32.0% of the team's points.
- Otto Porter accounted for 35.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Markel Starks has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- Otto Porter has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 18 games this season.
- Otto Porter recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Otto Porter has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Otto Porter recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 8th of his career.
- Nate Lubick had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Jabril Trawick had career highs with 8 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
Louisville Game Notes
- Louisville lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Cardinals have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Louisville has lost 25 close games.
- This loss extended the Cardinals losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Russ Smith and Gorgui Dieng) accounted for 47.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chane Behanan and Wayne Blackshear) accounted for 48.2% of the rebounds.
- Russ Smith has led the team in scoring 12 times in 20 games this season.
- Chane Behanan has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 20 games this season.