St. Peter's 71
(6-13, 3-6 away)
Venue: Hynes Athletic Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 25, 2013
||D Washington 14
||Y Raymond 5
||B Ffrench 5
||L Jones 22
||D Laury 10
||L Jones 3
Iona trounced St. Peter's 90-71 in MAAC play on Friday, January 25th. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Tavon Sledge got 13 points and 10 assists for the Gaels, earning a double-double. Lamont Jones put up his third straight game with 20 points or more, scoring a game-high 24 points (4 Ast 3 Reb) in 36 minutes. Lamont Jones had a game-high 24 points and added four assists. Chris Burke got a double-double for the Peacocks on a career-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. Iona (13-7, 7-2 MAAC) takes on Loyola (MD) (15-6, 7-2 MAAC) on Sunday, January 27th on the road.
Iona Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:51 left to go.
- The last time Iona started the season 13-7 was 2010.
- Iona beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Gaels have beaten the spread.
- The Gaels have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 12 or more three-pointers.
- Iona has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after holding an opponent to under 33.3% three-point percentage.
- Iona has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Iona has won 73% of the time (11-4) when Sean Armand has 3 three-pointers or more and 92% of the time (11-1) when Lamont Jones has 4 assists or more.
- The Gaels set season highs for field goal percentage and three-point percentage.
- The last time Iona had a three-point percentage of 63.2% or higher was Jan 09, 2009 against Canisius.
- Iona set a season low for turnovers.
- The Gaels have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Iona has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--Iona has a 14.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Tavon Sledge recorded a team season high in assists with 10.
- The top two scorers (Lamont Jones and David Laury) accounted for 42.2% of the points.
- David Laury accounted for 32.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Lamont Jones has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 20 games this season.
- David Laury has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 29th 20-point game of Lamont Jones's career.
- Lamont Jones has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- This game was the 1st double-digit assist game of Tavon Sledge's career.
- Tavon Sledge recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Sean Armand has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- David Laury recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- David Laury recorded a double-double. It was the 4th of his career.
St. Peter's Game Notes
- St. Peter's lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Peacocks losing streak to 7 games.
- Chris Burke recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 9.
- The top two scorers (Chris Burke and Blaise Ffrench) accounted for 45.0% of the points.
- Chris Burke accounted for 37.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Chris Burke has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 19 games this season.
- Chris Burke recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chris Burke recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Chris Burke set career highs with 18 points, 7 field goals made, and 9 defensive rebounds.
- Yvon Raymond set a career high with 7 assists.