(13-7, 5-6 away)
(11-10, 6-4 home)
Venue: Alumni Gymnasium
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 25, 2013
||B Baron 16
||C Manhertz 8
||B Baron 5
||A Myles 12
||D Stewart 6
||J Thompson 3
On Friday, January 25th, Canisius outrebounded Rider 42-22 and smoked the Broncs 67-50 in MAAC action. This was anybody's game in the first half, with Canisius up by only three at the break, but then they had a big second half to put the game away. Jordan Heath got a game-high 17 points and 13 rebounds for the Golden Griffins, earning a double-double. Billy Baron had 17 points and added nine rebounds. For the Broncs, Junior Fortunat finished with eight points and four rebounds. Canisius (13-7, 6-3 MAAC) gets Niagara (12-8, 8-1 MAAC) at home on Sunday, January 27th.
Canisius Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:04 left to go.
- The win over Rider extended the Canisius winning streak to 3 games.
- Canisius beat the spread by 18.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Golden Griffins have beaten the spread.
- The Golden Griffins have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 42 or more rebounds.
- Canisius has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 26.1% three-point percentage.
- This season Canisius has won 73% of the time (8-3) when Isaac Sosa has 12 points or more and 80% of the time (4-1) when Chris Manhertz has 5 field goals made or more.
- Canisius set a season low for free throws made.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Heath and Billy Baron) accounted for 50.7% of the points.
- Jordan Heath accounted for 30.9% of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan Heath has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- Billy Baron had a career high with 9 rebounds.
- Jordan Heath recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jordan Heath recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Isaac Sosa has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Rider Game Notes
- Rider lost and did not cover the spread.
- Tommy Pereira has led the team in scoring 3 times in 21 games this season.
- Tommy Pereira has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Nurideen Lindsey.