Green Bay 74
(11-10, 2-8 away)
(5-16, 5-6 home)
Venue: Klotsche Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 25, 2013
||K Sykes 15
||J Fouse 7
||K Sykes 4
||P Gulley 15
||D Harris 5
||J Aaron 4
On Friday, January 25th, Green Bay easily took down Milwaukee 74-54 in conference action. The game looked like it would be close until the end as Green Bay only led by one at the half, but they pulled away in the second half and ended up winning big. Alec Brown played well for the Phoenix and got a career-high 23 points and eight rebounds. Keifer Sykes also had a strong game, scoring 16 points and adding five assists. For the Panthers, Jordan Aaron got a team-high 20 points and six rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, January 31st when Green Bay (11-10, 5-3 Horizon) travels to UIC (12-8, 3-4 Horizon).
Green Bay Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:55 left to go.
- Green Bay started 11-10 during the 2010 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- GB beat the spread by 13.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Phoenix have beaten the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, GB has been on the winning end of 14 blowout games.
- The Phoenix have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 6 or more blocks.
- Green Bay has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) when its field goal percentage has been 43.8% or better.
- GB has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 54 or fewer total points.
- GB has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after holding an opponent to under 37.7% field goal percentage.
- This season Green Bay has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Alec Brown has 8 rebounds or more and 88% of the time (7-1) when Keifer Sykes has 5 assists or more.
- The Phoenix have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Alec Brown recorded a team season high in field goals made with 9 and offensive rebounds with 6.
- Alec Brown accounted for 31.0% of the team's points.
- Alec Brown has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 21 games this season.
- Jordan Fouse has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 21 games this season.
- Keifer Sykes has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Alec Brown's career.
- Alec Brown has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Alec Brown had a career high with 23 points.
- Brennan Cougill has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Milwaukee Game Notes
- Milwaukee lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 5th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UWM has been on the losing end of 21 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Panthers losing streak to 3 games.
- Jordan Aaron accounted for 37.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (J.J. Panoske and Demetrius Harris) accounted for 51.4% of the rebounds.
- Jordan Aaron has led the team in scoring 7 times in 21 games this season.
- J.J. Panoske has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Jordan Aaron's career.
- Jordan Aaron has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Paris Gulley has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- J.J. Panoske recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.