(9-11, 4-7 away)
Florida Gulf Coast 96
(14-8, 11-1 home)
Venue: Alico Arena
7:05PM ET / 4:05PM PT, January 25, 2013
|Florida Gulf Coast
||A Pegg 16
||A Pegg 6
||J Naburgs 3
|Florida Gulf Coast
||S Brown 15
||S Brown 6
||B Comer 6
Stetson was destroyed by Florida Gulf Coast 96-65 in conference play on Friday, January 25th. The game was never competitive, as Florida Gulf Coast went up 48-29 at the half and never looked back. Adam Pegg picked up a double-double in the loss with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Willie Green had eight points and added four rebounds. For the Eagles, Brett Comer got 13 points and six assists. Next up for Stetson (9-11, 6-3 Atlantic Sun) is Jacksonville (11-10, 6-2 Atlantic Sun) on Thursday, January 31st on the road.
Stetson Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 13:14 left to go.
- Stetson started 9-11 during the 2008, 2007, 2004, 2003, 2001, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Stetson has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 65 or fewer total points.
- The Hatters have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 40.7% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 58.7% or better this season, Stetson has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 21 or more assists this season, Stetson has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 15 or more free throws made this season, Stetson has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- Chris Perez accounted for 32.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Adam Pegg and Joel Naburgs) accounted for 47.0% of the rebounds.
- Chris Perez has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 20 games this season.
- Adam Pegg has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 20 games this season.
- Adam Pegg recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Adam Pegg has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Adam Pegg recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 5th of his career.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Chris Perez's career.
- Chris Perez has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Florida Gulf Coast Game Notes
- Bernard Thompson recorded a team season high in steals with 6.
- The top two scorers (Sherwood Brown and Chase Fieler) accounted for 41.6% of the points.
- Sherwood Brown has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 8 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Sherwood Brown's career.
- Sherwood Brown has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Chase Fieler has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Chase Fieler set career highs with 8 field goals made and a 100% three-point percentage.
- Bernard Thompson set a career high with 6 steals.
- Eddie Murray set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.