Siena vs. Marist: Full Game Preview
|Siena||R Poole 12.8||O Anosike 11.6||E Hymes 3.7|
|Marist||D Price 14.6||A Kemp 8.0||I Morton 3.2|
Siena travels to McCann Field House on Sunday to take on Marist. Tip-off is at 2:00 EST. The Saints are 7-1 against the Red Foxes over the last four years. They lost 61-52 the last time they played (2/23/2012).
Siena is currently tied with Marist in the MAAC in 8th place.
In their last outing, despite 30 points and 6 assists from Evan Hymes, the Saints fell to Niagara 78-69 on January 25th. He is averaging 11.6 points per game and leads the team in assists with 3.7 per game. The Red Foxes were defeated by Fairfield 71-37 on January 24th despite 6 points and 6 rebounds from Adam Kemp. With 8.0 rebounds per game and 1.5 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- O.D Anosike is ranked 2nd nationally in rebounds and 6th in the MAAC in blocks.
- Siena allows fewer rebounds (36.2 allowed per game vs 40.1 allowed per game) than Marist this season.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Siena currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (965 to 915) than Marist, per the NCAA.
- Evan Hymes is ranked 7th in the MAAC in three-pointers and 10th in the MAAC in assists.
- Siena has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.576 to 0.248).
- The Siena three-point leader (Rob Poole) has more three-pointers than the Marist three-point leader (Devin Price).
- The Siena assist leader (Evan Hymes) has more assists than the Marist assist leader (Isaiah Morton).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Siena has come back to win after being down at half against Marist 6 times since 1997.
- AP voters think more highly of Siena and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Marist (8 vs 0).
|D||Rob Delle Bovi||1||0||0||0||0||0||1|