Seton Hall vs. St John's: Full Game Preview
|Seton Hall||F Edwin 17.2||G Teague 8.2||T Maayan 3.8|
|St John's||D Harrison 19.6||J Sampson 6.6||P Greene IV 2.7|
On Sunday, Seton Hall matches up against St. John's. Tip-off occurs at 12:00 EST and you can catch it on MSG, Big East Net, MASN. The Pirates are 4-1 against the Red Storm over the last four years. The last time they met (2/14/2012) they won 94-64.
Seton Hall is in 12th place in the conference, St. John's is in 3rd place.
In a 55-47 triumph over South Florida on January 23rd, Fuquan Edwin put up 16 points and 10 rebounds for the Pirates. He paces the team in points per game with 17.2, and steals per game with 2.4. For the Red Storm, Sir`Dominic Pointer put up 13 points and 9 rebounds in the 72-60 win over Rutgers on January 23rd. He contributes 4.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.6 points per game.
St. John's StatSmack
- Gene Teague is ranked 3rd in the Big East in rebounds.
- The Seton Hall three-point leader (Fuquan Edwin) has more three-pointers than the St. John's three-point leader (D`Angelo Harrison).
- Fuquan Edwin is ranked 38th nationally in points, 4th in the Big East in three-pointers, and 16th nationally in steals.
- Seton Hall has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.555 to 0.451).
- You get an A for effort, but Seton Hall has emerged victorious against St. John's the last 3 times they've played.
- Even computers respect Seton Hall more. We have a better RPI this season than St. John's (RPI: #66 vs #95).
- Seton Hall embarrassed St. John's by 30 points the last time they played (Feb 14, 2012).
- Seton Hall is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Seton Hall is 213 lbs compared to 204 lbs for St. John's.
- Seton Hall players are more experienced than St. John's players (12,823 minutes played vs 6,314 minutes played).
- Seton Hall allows fewer rebounds (32.0 allowed per game vs 47.7 allowed per game) than St. John's this season.
|C+||Phil Greene IV||30||8||3||3||1||0||1|