|Michigan||T Burke 17.8||G Robinson III 5.9||T Burke 7.2|
|Illinois||B Paul 18.0||B Paul 4.8||T Abrams 3.2|
On Sunday, Illinois hosts No. 2 Michigan at Assembly Hall (IL). Tip-off is at 6:00 EST and you can catch it on Big Ten Network. The Fighting Illini are 4-4 against the Wolverines over the last four years. They fell 72-61 on 3/1/2012, the last time they met.
Michigan maintains 2nd place in the Big Ten while Illinois sits at 9th place.
In a 71-51 beatdown of Nebraska on January 22nd, D.J. Richardson put up 30 points for the Fighting Illini. While contributing 4.5 rebounds per game, he also scores 11.8 points per game. For the Wolverines, Trey Burke put up 15 points and 8 assists in the 68-53 blowout of Purdue on January 24th. He contributes a team-leading 17.8 points per game, 7.2 assists per game, and 1.3 steals per game. Michigan sits near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: effective field goal percentage at 58.3, turnover percentage at 15.1, and defensive rebounding percentage at 74.4.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Illinois currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (952 to 1000) than Michigan, per the NCAA.
- Illinois is better under pressure, and has defeated Michigan in 5 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- The Illinois steals leader (Tracy Abrams) has more steals than the Michigan steals leader (Trey Burke).
- Illinois takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Michigan (7 vs 3).
- Illinois has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Michigan (1 vs 0).
- Illinois has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Michigan ($38,696 vs $47,694).
- Tracy Abrams is ranked 8th in the Big Ten in steals.
- Illinois has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.677 to 0.565).
- The Illinois basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Michigan (100% vs 36%).
- Illinois has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Michigan ($19,378 vs $26,819).
|A-||Tim Hardaway Jr||34||16||5||3||1||1||2|
|A-||G. Robinson III||32||12||6||1||1||0||1|