|FL Internationial||T Murphy 15.4||T Murphy 7.7||D Hill 2.9|
|South Alabama||A Rubit 19.4||A Rubit 10.8||F Goldstein 2.5|
On Sunday, Florida International travels to Mitchell Center to take on South Alabama. The game gets underway at 5:05 EST. The Golden Panthers lost to the Jaguars 79-68 on December 1st and are 3-6 against them over the last four years.
Florida International is in 4th place in the Sun Belt and has an opportunity to gain ground on South Alabama who sit in 2nd place.
In an 80-75 win over Louisiana on January 24th, Jerome Frink put up 20 points and 7 rebounds for the Golden Panthers. He is putting up 10.1 points per game while also averaging 7.3 rebounds per game. For the Jaguars, Augustine Rubit finished with 19 points and 11 rebounds in the 65-57 win over Western Kentucky on January 24th. With 19.4 points per game and 10.8 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. From a tempo-free perspective, South Alabama is strong in the following categories: free throw rate at 43.1 and offensive rebounding percentage at 37.3.
South Alabama StatSmack
- Malik Smith is ranked 41st nationally in three-pointers.
- Florida International is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Florida International is 75.9 inches compared to 74.2 inches for South Alabama.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Florida International has recruited more Top 50 high school players than South Alabama (1 vs 0).
- The Florida International assist leader (Gaby Belardo) has more assists than the South Alabama assist leader (Freddie Goldstein).
- At least you keep showing up. Florida International has an average margin of victory of 8 over South Alabama in 10 wins since 1982.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Florida International has a stronger schedule than South Alabama this season (SOS Rank: #89 vs #311).
- Even computers respect Florida International more. We have a better RPI this season than South Alabama (RPI: #149 vs #255).
- The Florida International three-point leader (Malik Smith) has more three-pointers than the South Alabama three-point leader (Xavier Roberson).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Florida International has come back to win after being down at half against South Alabama 3 times since 1998.
|D+||M. Porcher Jimenez||12||6||2||1||0||0||1|
|D||Joey De La Rosa||9||2||1||0||0||0||0|
|D||B. Stevens II||18||3||1||1||1||0||1|